The Phone field allows users to enter a phone number. The field will automatically format the entered data based on the selected phone format in the properties tab.
- Field Label
- Enter the label of the form field. This is the field title the user will see when filling out the form.
- Phone Format
- Select the format you would like to use for the phone input. Available options are domestic US/CANADA style phone number and international long format phone number.
- Enter the description for the form field. This will be displayed to the user and provide some direction on how the field should be filled out or selected.
- These properties set rules for how the data should be handled.
- A required field will prevent the form from being submitted if it is not filled out or selected.
- No Duplicates
- A field set to allow no duplicates will require that a value entered in a field does not currently exist in the entry database for that field.
- Admin Label
- Enter the admin label of the form field. Entering a value in this field will override the Field Label when displayed in the Gravity Forms administration tool.
- Default Value
- If you would like to pre-populate the value of a field, you can specify a static value or select a variable value from the predefined list.
- Validation Message
- If you would like to override the default error validation for a field, enter it here. This message will be displayed if there is an error with this field when the user submits the form.
- CSS Class Name
- Enter the CSS class name you would like to use in order to override the default styles for this field.
- Select the visibility for this field. Field visibility set to Everyone will be visible by the user submitting the form. Form field visibility set to Admin Only will only be visible within the Gravity Forms administration tool. Setting a field to Admin Only is useful for creating fields that can be used to set a status or priority level on submitted entries.
- Allow field to be populated dynamically
- Check this option to enable data to be passed to the form and pre-populate this field dynamically. Data can be passed via Query Strings, Shortcode and/or Hooks.
- Enable Conditional Logic
- Create rules to dynamically display or hide this field based on values from another field. Remember, to use conditional logic, you will need to create a drop down, checkbox or multiple choice field.