The File Upload field allows users to upload a file with their form submission. You may limit what filetypes a user may upload via the properties tab.
- Field Label
- Enter the label of the form field. This is the field title the user will see when filling out the form.
- Allowed file extensions
- Enter the allowed file extensions for file uploads. This will limit what type of files a user may upload.
- Enter the description for the form field. This will be displayed to the user and provide some direction on how the field should be filled out or selected.
- These properties set rules for how the data should be handled.
- A required field will prevent the form from being submitted if it is not filled out or selected.
- Admin Label
- Enter the admin label of the form field. Entering a value in this field will override the Field Label when displayed in the Gravity Forms administration tool.
- Validation Message
- If you would like to override the default error validation for a field, enter it here. This message will be displayed if there is an error with this field when the user submits the form.
- CSS Class Name
- Enter the CSS class name you would like to use in order to override the default styles for this field.
- Select the visibility for this field. Field visibility set to Everyone will be visible by the user submitting the form. Form field visibility set to Admin Only will only be visible within the Gravity Forms administration tool. Setting a field to Admin Only is useful for creating fields that can be used to set a status or priority level on submitted entries.
- Enable Conditional Logic
- Create rules to dynamically display or hide this field based on values from another field. Remember, to use conditional logic, you will need to create a drop down, checkbox or multiple choice field.