PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Add Discount code

1. Hello,

I am use Gravity Forms with the Authorize.Net plugin to perform a registration with payment for an Summer Registration..

what we are doing.? i have a form,In this i have add the packages for the Summer Registration. The user can select there packages after that when user want to give payment through credit card. at there we want one field with the name of DISCOUNT-CODE. In this when user will enter the correct discount code automatically DISCOUNT-CODE-AMOUNT will less from the packages amount..

Or if there are any logically method for less some amount from the total amount if the DISCOUNT-CODE=something

Thanx

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 6, 2013 | Permalink
  2. I have create one logic in GF, i have create one field with the name of discount after that i have create one single-product with the amount of -$200.00. and apply conditional logic that if DISCOUNT is AAAA.

Now its work perfect .. just suppose my final total amount is $2000. and if user enter AAAA value in discount field then automatically $200 is less from the my final total amount .. its $1800 :) but i wanat to create multiple discount code's,not only single code .. In this condition i can create only one condition but i want to add discount multiple code's ..

I hope some one help me ..

3. We're working on a coupon add-on which will help you with this. Right now, the way you are doing it is fine, but it will be cumbersome with multiple codes.

4. Thanx very much for your reply.
    well which method i have create in GF is it fine .. now i can create multiple codes for one value..

In conditional logic, i can create multiple logic by using if ANY
    field name is equall with VALUE .. but now that all values or code is apply for only one amount (product amount which i have mention), but i want multiple codes with multiple discount amount's.

can this type of logic i can create in GF ..?

Thanx again for your reply..

5. David Peralty

For each discount value, you would need to create a field with the discount amount and use conditional logic to show/hide it based on the user entering the code in another field. So you could have dozens of hidden products with negative values to give different discount amounts with different codes.

6. Hello,

david thank you very much for your reply.. i have done discount code functionality by using this logic's

Thank you very much again ..

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 7, 2013 | Permalink
  7. David Peralty

Awesome, good luck!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 7, 2013 | Permalink
  8. Do you guys have an estimated release date for the coupon code? We're actually trying to go live with a product that could contain coupons. The unfortunate part, is that some of these coupons, we want to have Unique Coupon Values, because they'll be spectacular deals, not just like a 10% off coupon that we don't care if 10,000 people use it.

I have tried CurtisMChale's plugin for coupons that I read in another place, but our form has page breaks, and for whatever reason... when I place the coupon code on the first page, it works. The apply button takes a second to lookup the coupon, but it updates the total and subtracts the coupon amount, making the value $0.00 -> but when the client moves through the page breaks, and checks out, it passes the user on to PayPal for the full amount and has not kept the coupon amount. When I place his coupon fields on the last page, it breaks and doesn't show his "apply" button, which in addition, does not allow for updating the Total to $0.00.

I know that Curtis's plugin not working with GF isn't a GF issue, which is why my question is about the release of the coupon addition? Unless someone wants to take a crack at why Curtis's plugin has issues, that would be really awesome!

http://www.msimaging.com/athome

(I'm currently jacking around with the settings, As of right this minute, Curtis's Coupon Plugin is on the third break of the form... Feel free to plug in garbage data if you want to test)

EDIT: Also, let me add, if you add the $90.00 box in testing, and not optional services, and use coupon FREE0001, it should deduct the total and equal $0.00

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 13, 2013 | Permalink
  9. The coupon add-on will likely be released after 1.7 is released. 1.7 is currently in beta testing. We don't speculate on actual release dates.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 14, 2013 | Permalink
  10. David,

When using the above method, which might work for our situation of unique coupons if we only allow single entry for the coupon value (and have to add a lot of conditional values), what's the best field type to add for the negatively valued product?

I added a product field, and placed the value at -$90.00, and field type hidden. This actually auto calculates the total and starts the total at -90.00. I need the total to read 0.00, or 90.00, unless the proper code is entered...

Can you give some details about the best method for applying the technique above?

Scratch that - rather than hidden, it just needs to be added as a single value, and given a name for the discount description.

Resolved!

11. David Peralty

Glad you figured it out.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.