PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Adding multiple file uploads support

1. My project manager sold a project where one part is a gravity form that supports multiple file uploads. We looked around and saw that to upload multiple files, we need to create multiple fileupload controls.

She then asked me to look into the possibility of coding an addon script to GF to add a dynamic amount of file uploads.

If you think this is possible, please direct me into the right place to start with. I'm a 10 years professionnal coder, so doing it, even if it is slightly complex won't be too much trouble for me, but i can't start reading the whole GF code to know if it is possible or where to start from.

Thanks ahead

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 14, 2012 | Permalink
  2. You are correct. Gravity Forms does not currently support multi-file upload from a single field. You would need to add a File Upload field for each file you would like the user to upload. This is due to the fact the File Upload field uses the standard PHP file upload functionality which does not support multiple files at a time.

We do plan on adding this functionality in a future release. We were waiting for changes to WordPress that were made in the v3.3 release so that we can leverage the multi-file upload functionality added in the latest version of WordPress rather than having to bundle additional scripts with Gravity Forms itself. We try to re-use existing WordPress functionality as much as possible.

In order to do what you describe right now it would require a fairly advanced customization. You would have to create your own custom form field in Gravity Forms.

The best resource I can point you to as far as how to create a new custom form field in Gravity Forms is going to be this tutorial:

http://wpsmith.net/2011/plugins/how-to-create-a-custom-form-field-in-gravity-forms-with-a-terms-of-service-form-field-example/

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 14, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.