PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Adjustment of labels

1. Hello,

I need to move my labels on the forms above the fields.

For example, If I have a single line text item on the form called NAME, its label should appear on first line and the textbox should go to the next line.

I have to use it in a sidebar and I dont have much space.

Can it be done?

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday May 12, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The top aligned label placement is the form default. You can find the label placement option in the main form settings dialog for each form at the bottom of the first tab.

screenshot: http://grab.by/a6Z5

If the label placement isn't working properly, it's probably that your theme is overriding that. This is common if you're using a theme from WooThemes.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday May 12, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Even if you have "Top aligned" selected for the label placement on the form the labels for some fields (e.g. Name, Address) are placed beneath the inputs. What is the best method of moving those labels above?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday May 23, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Yep, those are sub-labels and don't change based on the label setting, only the primary field label is affected. To change those, you would need to view the markup, get the field IDs then use CSS or a combination of jQuery/CSS to reposition those. I don't know that there is a "best way", just whatever is the most comfortable for you.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday May 23, 2011 | Permalink
  5. @Kevin Thanks! Is there some sample jquery available? I can't find anything in the forum or documentation.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 26, 2011 | Permalink
  6. I don't believe there are any jQuery samples for this specific customization on the forums, it's the first time i've seen this specific customization question come up.

There is an example on how to reposition the field description so it's above the field, it might be able to be customized to work with the sublabels but no guarantees that it can be done using this code as a starting point.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/request-setting-to-place-field-descriptions-above-fields#post-12697

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 26, 2011 | Permalink