PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

After 1.6.3.1 update, enabling AJAX causes form to disappear in Fancybox

1. Hi,

I'm using the Easy Fancybox plugin to display a Gravity Form form inside a modal box. The form is embedded as an inline content using the gravity_form() function. The Easy Fancybox plugin will then display the inline content inside a fancybox when a button is clicked.

In order for error messages and submission confirmation message to be displayed before the fancybox is closed, I have set the form to use AJAX when embedding it:

<?php if ( function_exists( 'gravity_form' ) ) gravity_form( 4, true, true, false, null, true ); ?>

This used to work perfectly before the update. However, since the update, whenever fancybox displays the inline form, the form immediately disappears. I have tried disabling AJAX when embedding the form and it works.

I have created a test page so that you can see what I mean. In both pages below, click on the "Book Online" button on any of the featured accommodation in the middle of the page.

http://www.mtbulleraccommodation.com/ - AJAX disabled
    http://www.mtbulleraccommodation.com/gf-ajax-fancybox-test/ - AJAX enabled

It is absolutely critical that this is fixed as soon as possible, since it is a live site. I would have downloaded an older version of the Gravity Forms plugin if you would just make it available.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 24, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I think you are using colorbox, not fancybox, but to the point, I am having the same problem. I had to go back to the older version of gravity forms. Hope they address this. Good luck

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday February 25, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Yeah, I first tried fancybox, then suspecting that the fancybox script may be the issue, I switched to colorbox, but the same issue persists.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday February 25, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Harelin

I would also be very appreciative of any investigation into this issue.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday February 26, 2012 | Permalink
  5. I'll add myself to the list of people that are having issues with this upgrade in a popup box. I'm using colorbox...

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday February 26, 2012 | Permalink
  6. techguytom

We're also having this problem since upgrading gravity forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 27, 2012 | Permalink
  7. I'm using the SimpleModal script and having the same issue.

8. I have made a change to the way Gravity Forms performs AJAX (in 1.6.3.1) in an attempt to resolve some of these conflicts with AJAX forms. If you are having problems with an AJAX form, please email me at alex@rocketgenius.com and I can send you a version with the fix.