PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Allowing users to save progress before submitting forms.

1. johntku

This would be more of a programming question than a support question. I would like to give the users of my site the ability to save the progress they have made on my forms and be able to return to them at a later date if needed. To say I am a novice at programming would be an understatement, but I am learning as I go. Is this feature something I can do with GF and Wordpress and some PHP code or is it going to be far more complex? Any thoughts on where to start from the developers on this forum would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday May 20, 2010 | Permalink
  2. It's going to be fairly complex. You would basically have to write this from scratch. We do have plans for having save like functionality but it is something we won't be introducing until we release multi-page forms capabilities because it makes more sense with longer forms that may be multi-page to provide this type of functionality.

3. johntku

Carl,

Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to the multi-page release. I love the plug-in btw.

4. ckrauskopf

Any word on when multi-page forms and entry saving functionality might be added? Is there a published product roadmap? I love the plugin, and I'm still learning what it can and can't do, but so far after creating my first form I already have two pieces of functionality I am eagerly awaiting.
    1) Basic Calculations
    2) Saving long forms

I saw in another thread that the basic calculations are coming out shortly with the PayPal release, so now I'm just left wondering whether the ability to save is also imminent or will be a longer wait.

P.S. Thanks for all your work - It's a great plugin already.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday November 2, 2010 | Permalink
  5. Multi-Page forms will be coming in WordPress 1.5, however entry saving functionality won't be part of this release.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday November 2, 2010 | Permalink
  6. startac

just adding a +1 for the ability to save and return. it's the one thing keeping me from being able to punt formsite.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday November 9, 2010 | Permalink
  7. spotmouse

Me. too.. need save function :D

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday March 3, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Likewise. +1 for saving progress.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 13, 2012 | Permalink