PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Any update on the registration add-on to support already registered users?

1. Hi, I have a very long form and I need the data to save into the WordPress user profile table (eventually I need users to be able to add to or edit their submissions, but that's a problem for another day). All the visitors who fill out this form will already have registered for the site; they will all be existing users.

I've tried to use the User Registration add-on to create the custom fields, and that seems to work fine, but of course it also wants to create a new user every time. Is there a hook or filter or something I can use to disable the registration action and just Update the user instead to add the new custom fields?

I saw this post from a few months ago saying the User Registration add-on might be updated with this functionality but didn't know if that had gotten anywhere yet. I'd be up for beta testing if it's available! http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/user-registration-logic-seems-strange#post-23843

Thanks so much for your help.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 14, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm in the same boat - several existing users and need to add new meta to use in conditional fields on other forms. Was thinking it could be done through phpMyAdmin by manually adding new values to the usermeta, rg_lead, rg_lead_detail and rg_lead_detail_long tables for each user, but unsure if this will work without firing the user_registration_validation hook.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

3. We have a lot of features we want to add to the User Registration Add-On. Our developer who handles the User Registration Add-On returns from a month long trip to Europe later this week. Once he returns to the office on Monday we can go over plans for future development. Until we have a chance to discuss things I can't give you a time table.