PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Attachment file with accent

1. when an attachement file with accent is uploaded in the gravity form, i got an error 404 not found because the accent is encoded... it could more safe to make a string replace for a lowercase et remove all accent ??

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 29, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Can you paste the filename here, and also provide a link to the file as it appeared in your notification or entry, and then the actual location of the file with a safe URL? Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 31, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I'm facing the same problem.

A user has uploaded a file using GF named 'Resumé_OnTrack_test_12.1.13.doc', when it gets saved to the filesystem (Windows NTFS running WAMP) the filename is 'Resumé_OnTrack_test_12.1.13.doc'.

I don't usually use a windows server but it is a requirement of the client. The resulting link still points to the original filename. Not sure if this is windows specific.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 18, 2013 | Permalink
  4. After a bit of research I'm guessing this is a character encoding issue. Is this something I can fix myself or does gravity forms need to updated to handle this issue?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 21, 2013 | Permalink
  5. I believe this is Windows-specific or at least specific to your installation. I did not have that issue when uploading a file with that name on a Linux server. In my installation, I uploaded "Resumé OnTrack test 12.1.13.doc" and it was renamed to "Resumé-OnTrack-test-12.1.13.doc" and is visible here: http://gravity.chrishajer.com/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/42-4c058edfc0abbf5534dade7c443d2620/2013/01/Resumé-OnTrack-test-12.1.13.doc

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 28, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Yes my linux server works fine too, but not Windows. Have you tested on a windows server or is windows not supported?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 29, 2013 | Permalink
  7. I don't have a Windows server to test on at the moment. Let me ask the development team about this one.

I wonder if it's a problem with a PHP module on the WAMP server? Do you know if mbstring is loaded (for multi-byte strings)? Can you post a link to your php info?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 29, 2013 | Permalink