PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Authorize.net and PCI Compliance

1. Hi,

Our web host (WPEngine) is a bit concerned about PCI compliance and the Authorize.net plugin. Do we need to be on a PCI compliant web host to use the Authorize.net plugin? Or is SSL all we need?

I know there's a number of different ways to send data over to Authorize.net, which one does the plugin use?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday December 4, 2011 | Permalink
  2. SSL is all you will need. I have used several implementations of authorize.net in web applications and they only require that a request be coming from a secure connection.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 23, 2011 | Permalink
  3. The Gravity Forms Authorize.Net Add-On does not store the credit card information. The card data is posted to Authorize.Net's server via their API only. The information is not stored or retained by your server. SSL is all you need.

4. where is the authorize.net add-on?

5. I am also looking for it as i understood that beta was supposed to be launched last week.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 26, 2011 | Permalink
  6. With the holiday, I am sure it's been delayed. Watch the blog or twitter for the release announcement. It's in the hands of some alpha testers now.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday December 27, 2011 | Permalink
  7. mds

Can we get an update on this:? We're very anxious to start using this add-on!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 2, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Please watch the blog for the announcement. We'll be up to full speed again soon after the holiday break. Thanks for your interest.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 3, 2012 | Permalink
  9. @ Chris: Is there a firm date for the release of the authorize.net plugin so I can let my client know? I would be happy if I could just get the beta version of it... I was told it would be sent out early the week of the holidays.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 4, 2012 | Permalink
  10. There is no firm date that I know of. Development is ongoing. Sorry I don't have better information than that for you.

11. @Chris - Alright, any way I can get my hands on the beta? I thought it was available upon request.

12. Please send an email to carl@rocketgenius.com - he should receive that although he is travelling. Or, if you have a developer license, please use the priority support form and request the beta there. Please reference this post. Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.