PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Authorize.net eCheck option

1. dfrayne

I am setting up a donation form where donors can use either Paypal or Authorize.net. Is it possible for Authorize.net donors to pay via eCheck instead of credit card?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday October 12, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I don't believe that is currently a feature of the Authorize.net add-on. I see eCheck as an option in the API, so I will ask the developers if it is being considered for a future version of the add-on. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday October 13, 2012 | Permalink
  3. dfrayne

Thanks Chris. In the mean time, I will check with the bank and Authorize.net to see if there is another way we can integrate eCheck into the form functionality.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday October 13, 2012 | Permalink
  4. OK, thank you. Since it is the weekend, I have not heard back from the developers. I will look for a response next week. Thank you for your patience.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday October 14, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Darren Starr

Hey All - we're working on e-check as well and would love to integrate it within the authorize.net. Let me know if this is something we can do.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 15, 2012 | Permalink
  6. This is not currently a feature of our Authorize.net add-on.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 16, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Darren Starr

Hey Chris - thanks for checking. I'd love to log this as a feature request. It would be huge for my non-profit clients. I'm a new Gravity Forms user and love just about everything else!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 16, 2012 | Permalink
  8. dfrayne

Thanks Chris. I would like to have this feature too. Because my client insists on this capability, I need to look for another solution for their donations form, even though I prefer Gravity Forms for all my other forms.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 24, 2012 | Permalink
  9. dave k

I have set up an eCheck option in the past... It worked fine. I could dig the code up if the developers would like to see an example.

The need was for a non-profit situation like in this thread. The eCheck option is used mostly by older more conservative givers. Although it may not be a huge draw it should pay for itself.

Also, I believe charity needs to be set up for, and pay extra for, this feature.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 14, 2012 | Permalink
  10. Dave K. The code example would be great. Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 16, 2012 | Permalink
  11. kreworks

Hey Guys,

We are going to dev this. Dave, a code example would be awesome before we start.

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 5, 2012 | Permalink
  12. dave k

Hi AngelIQ and krework,

Below is a link to some code.
    Disclaimer: This is not an optimal solution...but it worked.
    I redirected a WP page to this PHP code and mimicked the CSS.

http://pastie.org/5802076

Thanks
    Dave

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 22, 2013 | Permalink
  13. tex77

I needed eChecks as a payment option too, so I wrote my own custom function (for the gform_validation hook) to handle the entire Authorize.net AIM api call. It seems to work, but the code could be cleaned up and optimized some. And.. it requires bypassing the GF Authorize.net Add-on almost entirely, so it's certainly a less robust approach. But if you need eCheck support, you're welcome to give it a shot. Just remember to customize the values for your authnet account, and form/field id's.

http://pastebin.com/4QU5HeWD

Posted 11 years ago on Friday March 1, 2013 | Permalink
  14. Thank you for sharing that code.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday March 2, 2013 | Permalink
  15. tonylocke

Please get the echeck option up for your clients as soon as possible. Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday April 19, 2013 | Permalink
  16. David Peralty

tonylocke - tex77 has given out his own customization to give people an echeck option.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday April 19, 2013 | Permalink
  17. How do you add the file tex77 posted? In the authorize.net add on folder? theme function?

thanks

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday May 9, 2013 | Permalink
  18. Is this the support we pay for in action? its been 20 days.

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday June 1, 2013 | Permalink
  19. mattada, because you are a developer license holder, please feel free to ask your question by submitting a priority support ticket. We certainly did not intend to ignore your question for 20 days, but sometimes tickets which have already been addressed are missed when new replies are added to them. I apologize for that. Priority support tickets do not fall through the cracks like that.

The code provided by tex77 is added to your current theme's or child theme's functions.php file.

Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 3, 2013 | Permalink
  20. Thanks Chris, I think i assumed the priority tickets cost a fee like a few other dev tools we use.

I'll drop that in and see what happens. thanks.

I assume this is still the only answer?

21. David Peralty

As far as I know, that is still the only option as we've made no changes to our add-on as of yet to support it.

22. I am not a developer, but would love to know if the eCheck functionality has been added to the Authorized.net ADD-ON yet? I had a client just call me today wanting this functionality, which is why I am on this thread looking for answers.

If it is not added are there any developers on here that would like some paid work to implement this for my client? I would love to talk to you ASAP and get a quote from you.

Email me at greg (at) crosscreativemarketing.com

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 6, 2013 | Permalink
  23. David Peralty

Nothing has been changed on our end as far as I know. We do have a Job Board section on these forums. All my best!

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 6, 2013 | Permalink
  24. noborny

I'm very interested in this functionality as well. Do you have any idea when it will make into the Authorize.net plugin?

Thanks.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 7, 2013 | Permalink
  25. I am interested in the functionality as well. Are these forums the only way we can request enhancements? Or, are there other avenues? I have been searching the forums (hoping to find an answer to this) and it seems this would benefit a lot of customers.

Also, it states above that this will be developed. Is there a projected release date for this?
    Thanks.

26. David Peralty

We don't speculate on releases any longer as it sets expectations that we might not be able to meet due to various factors (many of them being external).