PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Auto Embed Video In Post With File Uploader

1. Hello,
    I want to allow users to upload video files using the GF custom field (file upload) and then auto post their video on my site after it is uploaded... here is the form they fill out...
    ( http://viewmygopro.com/upload-your-video/ )
    I was able to get this working with images ok by putting the shortcode in the body to display the uploaded image... can this be done for video i am having trouble... the video file uploads successful and the post will display directly after upload is complete with all the info the user entered (title,description,categories,tags,thumbnail). But the video player doesnt auto show up at the top of the post to play the video that they uploaded.
    Has anyone got this to work, can someone please assist me!

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. My theme has a video player it uses... i would like the video uploaded to auto populate using that same video player and skin...

here is an example of what the final post should look like after the users video upload is complete

http://viewmygopro.com/gopro/gopro-hd-highlight-commercial/

3. I don't know how you have setup your form to say for sure what is going on or what you need to do.

If you want to allow a user to upload a video ad to automatically show that video in a video player in the post then you would either have to use the content template functionality to output the video embed in the content template or update your theme template so that the video embed code is in your theme template and gets the video URL from a custom field.

To upload the video itself you would use the Custom Field under Post Fields. You would configure it to be a File Upload field type. You would then need to configure it's custom field name which is what will be used to store the data in the post meta for that post.

Then depending on if you are using the content template method or the theme template method you would then display the value of that custom field, which would be the full path URL to the file, within the embed code.

4. ok, i selected custom post, then file upload....

then i can select custom field name... existing.... and it gives me an option to pick one from my theme... wpzoom_post_embed_code

if i pick this it will put the entire URL of the file that was uploaded and display it in the body...

then if i create a content template... seems like i could enter some code or something then tell the URL to auto post into the code so it will display the video file in an <iframe or something

any other suggestions on what i should try in the content template

thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 22, 2011 | Permalink
  5. or if i choose NEW field name... then create a new one...

do you have a suggestion on what i should enter in the content template to get the file to display in the player...

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 22, 2011 | Permalink
  6. haakonflender

I am setting up a website where I need to make the visitors able to upload videos.
    I have setup a form with post fields so the user can upload files and text to the body of a post. But my post will then just display the URL to the video (which in this case is a .mov file).
    Can anybody help me so I can get a embedded video player with the user provided URL ?

any help is much appreciated :)

Posted 11 years ago on Monday April 30, 2012 | Permalink