PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

auto select post format

1. Hi, I have got a question.

My posts has got different formats and I use my form to add a new post.

I have got a dropdown field with the choices: Image, youtube link and website link.

My post formats are called: Photo, Video and Link

Is it possible to autoselect a postformat when you select something from the dropdown???

Hope to hear from you soon.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 25, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Right now this would have to be done as a customization. Post Formats are not currently supported. You'd have to use custom code and API hooks to implement this. How familiar are you with PHP and WordPress hook/filter usage?

3. I need to learn it. But it would be great if you could give me a step by step instruction. I need to buy 2 other licenses for sites with the same issue :(

4. Hey there,

Paste this snippet into your theme's functions.php file: http://pastie.org/2270287

Be sure to make the necessary changes in the code as indicated from the comments in the snippet.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.