PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

backend name field disabled bug

1. I created a form with a name field in it, made it the extended name, saved the form. came back to it a while later, open the name field to change it to "simple" instead, but that dropdown is disabled. Basically any time I go back to a name field it is disabled. The same issue occurs across different forms and sites, so I would rule out other plugins interfering.

Only seen in latest version of chrome, but I haven't tried other browsers. Here's a screenshot that illustrates it with the inspector showing the disabled tag in the select: http://jkudi.sh/fWD6oS

Not a big deal for me personally since I know how to easily un-disable the field, but others may find this annoying so I thought I'd bring it up.

Cheers

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 30, 2011 | Permalink
  2. With advanced fields that have options like that, once data is saved using that field you aren't supposed to change the type. Because changing a Name field from one type to the other impacts the data and could possibly corrupt your data if you force the change.

This is because there is a difference between 2 fields (Normal) and 1 field (Simple). So once data is stored in 2 fields, changing it to 1 causes a data storage issue.

This is by design. You can change the Name Format until data has been submitted in that field. Once data exists in that field, it isn't supposed to be changed.

3. Ah, well that makes a lot of sense and seems very smart actually. Thanks for the clarification. It would be great to add a little tooltip or info or something to let users know just in case.

In my case though the submitted data is all test and development stuff so it was okay to change the type of field.

Cheers

4. nashh

Thanks. I ran into this same issue!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 8, 2012 | Permalink