PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Buddypress fields not being mapped

1. I'm really confused as to why none of the Buddypress fields are being mapped with my registration feed. It is very straightforward and I am just mapping the Buddypress "name" field to the username from my form.

I can see that the user has been created but the "name" value is blank when I look at the user account. I could post a screen shot of the settings but it doesn't appear that I can upload images in this forum.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 24, 2012 | Permalink
  2. You can use a free image hosting service like http://imageshack.us/ if you'd like to post a screenshot and share the link here.

What versions of BuddyPress, WordPress, Gravity Forms and the user registration add-on (are you using that?) are you using?

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday August 25, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Here is a screen capture of the mappings:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a8aed9a345fdcafd&id=A8AED9A345FDCAFD%21432&sff=1

WP version: 3.4.1
    GF version: 1.6.2
    BP version: 1.6.1

The username field is a "single line text" field on the registration form that I am associating to the registration feed.

Thanks - Brian

4. Sorry -- Yes, I am using the user registration add on; it's version is 1.4.

5. Brian, please see this topic:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/userregistration-problem-since-bp-update-161#post-72521

and email david@rocketgenius.com and include a link to your two open issues with BuddyPress. Maybe the new version that David Smith provided that user will fix your issues.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday August 26, 2012 | Permalink
  6. I will reach out to David and let you know what happens.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 27, 2012 | Permalink
  7. I got the update from David but it didn't address either of the issues. Is there anything I can do to debug or anythign else I can try?

Thanks
    Brian

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 28, 2012 | Permalink
  8. I asked David for his help on this one. Hang in there.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 29, 2012 | Permalink
  9. I am having the same problem with my site. We updated to latest buddy press and gravity forms. Now the user fields are not mapping .

http://pickyourowntrainer.com/djmrtorch411/profile/

Wordpress 3.41
    Buddypress 1.61
    Gravity Form: 1.6.6
    User Registration: 1.4

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 2, 2012 | Permalink
  10. We are also experiencing problems with fields not being mapped.

WordPress 3.4.1.
    Buddypress 1.61
    Gravity Forms 1.66

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday September 6, 2012 | Permalink
  11. I'm having the same exact issue.

WordPress 3.4.2
    Buddypress 1.61
    Gravity Forms 1.66

This still isn't working. I bought this just now for Buddypress registration field mapping, don't want to have to refund.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 8, 2012 | Permalink
  12. Hey guys,

I got a working fix to the bug.

Here's a patch you can try:

--- wp-content/plugins/gravityformsuserregistration/userregistration.php (revision )
    +++ wp-content/plugins/gravityformsuserregistration/userregistration.php (revision )
    @@ -1424,7 +1424,9 @@
    // get GF and BP fields
    $gform_field = RGFormsModel::get_field($form, $meta_item['meta_value']);
    $bp_field = new BP_XProfile_Field();
    - $bp_field->bp_xprofile_field($meta_item['meta_name']);
    + //$bp_field->bp_xprofile_field($meta_item['meta_name']);
    + $bp_field->populate($meta_item['meta_name'], $user_id, false);
    // if bp field is a checkbox AND gf field is a checkbox, get array of input values
    if($bp_field->type == 'checkbox' && $gform_field['type'] == 'checkbox') {

Hope this helps anyone else facing the issue.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 8, 2012 | Permalink
  13. Thank you for posting that patch.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 9, 2012 | Permalink
  14. Hi,
    The fields in my form are not mapping my buddypress profile fields. The first name and surname are mapped in Wordpress (under user information) but not in the buddypress profile. I tried to implement Eugenes fix, but I have the 1.5 beta versins of the user registration add on so was not able to copy and paste this code.

I work with:
    BP 1.6.1
    WP 3.4.2
    GF 1.6.7
    UR 1.5 Beta1

Any idea of what the problem/solution could be?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday September 20, 2012 | Permalink
  15. In the meantime I reinstalled the "old" user registration plugin to test the Eugenes fix but that did not work in my site.

This previous version gives an error message ( Call to undefined method BP_XProfile_Field::bp_xprofile_field() ) after signing up so I have to work with the beta version anyway.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday September 21, 2012 | Permalink
  16. The 1.5beta1 release aimed to fix the BP_XProfile_Field::bp_xprofile_field() problem. Are you saying you still have that error when using the beta, or do you have some other trouble currently?

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 23, 2012 | Permalink
  17. The BP_XProfile problem is not in the beta version. In the beta version i have the problem that the buddypress profile fields are not mapping. After submitting a form a new user is created in wordpress (including first name, surname, etc) but these fields stays empty in the buddypress profile.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 23, 2012 | Permalink
  18. Hi Basza,

I've been unable to recreate this issue locally. Could you provide me a WP login and FTP access so I can take a look and see about getting this resolved? You can email these details to david@rocketgenius.com.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday September 24, 2012 | Permalink
  19. rellis

I have exactly the same issue. None of the data taken in my gravity form registration is being populated in the users buddypress profile tab despite my feed being matched correctly?

Any new on this?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 10, 2013 | Permalink
  20. Hi Rellis,

Are you using the latest beta version? This address many issues with BP integration.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 11, 2013 | Permalink
  21. rellis

Yes Im using 1.5 beta1.8.

All I see being mapped into the Buddypress profile tab is there screenname and nothing else?

22. rellis

Are there lines of code I need to put into my functions.php for this to work?

Just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong here. The form works perfectly. The user gets created and when I look at their form I see all the data but nothing is being mapped to Buddypress.

23. rellis

I'm desperate to get this fixed today. so if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.