PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Bug report: pre populate not working

1. Estone

Reported this in another topic but it might be unnoticed...
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/pre-populate-fields

Quoting the last two posts:

g0shu4:
    "Hey, I think the users here are trying to point out a recent bug.

Merge tags such as {user:first_name} USED TO work just fine as a default value, but they are not working any more. This is a semi-recent phenomenon. It has broken a number of my forms that were working just fine before."

Estone:
    "Ended up here trying to pre populate some formfields. Could not get it to work.
    Now I read mr. g0shu4 message, here above!

Could it be that something changed and the code is not working anymore?
    I am on Wordpress 3.3.1 (most recent as of now).

Can someone please confirm this. And is there a workarround?? "

As stated: Can someone please confirm this. And is there a workarround??

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 13, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Chineseand

I have a similar problem. A custom field that I am using to "stamp" a file with info on the author is no longer populating. Was working until a few days ago when I updated my site. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3. storklawyer

Also same issue.... I posted here also http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/pre-populate-fields?replies=15#post-46298

4. Estone

Now lets hope soon someone from gravity will pick this up..
    Anyone?

5. Chineseand

I submitted a priority support request.

6. Hi, everyone,

We are looking into this issue and will let you know what we find. Chineseand, we have your priority support issue, thanks for submitting it.

7. Chineseand

Got word back.. they've received multiple reports of this.. They're working on a solution..

EDIT -- oops, should have refreshed the page again and I would have seen the update..

8. We have a fix for the user merge tags no longer pre-populating the fields. This appears to have happened with WP 3.3. Because we have a lot of new features coded for Gravity Forms version 1.6.3, we are providing this fix as version 1.6.2.1.1 and those who need it should email me directly at the email address on my user profile and mention this topic. I will email you the file.

Chineseand - I have responded to your priority support ticket with the fix.

Thanks!

9. Sorry folks, didn't realize my email address wasn't visible. You can submit a Priority Support request if you need the bug fix.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 16, 2012 | Permalink
  10. Chineseand

Will this be released as an update before 1.6.3, or should I go ahead and use the fix I got from you? I assume there is some more testing going on, and then there'll be an updated version released. I was hoping to avoid patching before it was well tested.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 16, 2012 | Permalink
  11. The fix for pre-populating user information was released earlier this week for automatic update, so you can either update that way, or download it from the Plugin Downloads page.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 25, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.