PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can I populate data in a list field?

1. Here is the form we are working on:

http://ectb2.com/add-a-tournament/

As you'll see, under "Main Details" we have a list field with 4 columns. I would like the data in the last field (Field Size) to be controlled by the first field (Age Group). In other words, we have certain field sizes that are always associated with specific age groups. So any time I type 8U in the Age Group column, I would like its respective field size to appear in the Field Size column. Ditto for the other age groups. Can I do this?

FYI - I'm not that experienced with jquery, hooks, etc...

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 26, 2012 | Permalink
  2. There is no way I know of in the list field to populate the last field based on information from the first field. Conditional logic would not work for that. You could probably do this with jQuery by watching the value entered in field one and setting the value in field four based on that.

Also, since that information is not being filled in by anyway, is it important to have in the list field at all? Could you set a value later in the form based on conditional logic on the first field in your list?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday November 27, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Well, not really since they would like all the information relevant to each age group in one place. There are usually about 6-7 age groups for any one baseball tournament.

"You could probably do this with jQuery by watching the value entered in field one and setting the value in field four based on that."

Is there an easy way to do this?

4. Actually here's a better question:

Is there a way that I can make the fields in a List be dropdowns instead of just text inputs? If so, I can just add the different choices in the dropdown instead of having to type everything. Can that be done?

5. You can use the gform_column_input filter to add a drop down to your list field:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_column_input

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 29, 2012 | Permalink