PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can I Use Gravity Forms As A Search Plugin?

1. salesmaximus

Hi,

I am using agentpress theme from studiopress.

Can I use Gravity Forms to implement the search function they have?

http://www.studiopress.com/demo/agentpress.html

They search using categories I suppose. The drop downs are categories we specify anyway.

I would like to know if it can be done before I make a purchase.

If that's not possible as they have implemented, can gravity forms be used to combine with wordpress and provide search facility of wordpress posts based on conditional logic?

Thank you

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 16, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms itself is not a search tool. It is for capturing and saving form data.

That being said, it's possible to use it as a search form... however it's not going to perform the search. That would have to be done as a customization and you'd have to write the code. You'd have to use the form to capture the search selections and then use the confirmation redirect to redirect to a page and pass those selections and then that page would have to perform the search.

So it would have to be done as a customization. It doesn't do searches on it's own.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 16, 2011 | Permalink
  3. How do you pass the selections from the confirmation redirect to a php query on a custom template?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 19, 2012 | Permalink
  4. @cathyh, if you are a Gravity Forms user now, please start a topic in the regular support forums and we'll be happy to help you with your question. We try not to do regular support in the pre-purchase forum.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 20, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.