PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can't Add Bulk Values

1. I am creating my first form and I need to add a field for "Country" so I inserted a dropdown. When I click "Bulk Add" though the screen goes dim but the popup does not come up for me to choose the values I want. This is not a matter of enabling popups as they are already enabled. I have tried this on both Chrome and Firefox and nothing. Any suggestions?

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday November 5, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Sounds like there is a JavaScript error on the admin page where you're building the form. If this is an upgrade, not a fresh install, please clear the browser cache completely, or use a totally different browser.

If you have any plugins installed to which modify the admin screens, that could be a problem.

You should have the latest version of WordPress installed.

The JavaScript conflict could be coming from a plugin (or less likely, theme) conflict. Please test for those by following these steps:

http://rkt.gs/testing

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday November 5, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Thank you, Chris. My theme, which is a Genesis theme, is the problem. In your experience, can theme issues typically be resolved (I know nothing about coding and all of that other computer stuff so I'm just asking before I even contact the person who customized my theme)? Or, will I need to activate the default Wordpress theme every time I need to use the Bulk Add feature in Gravity Forms? The latter wouldn't be the end of the world but it sure would be nice to not have to deactivate my theme every time especially since there is a monumental difference between it and the Wordpress theme :-(

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday November 6, 2011 | Permalink
  4. It would be best to resolve the issue with the theme, as it's going to cause you problems in the future. I would look at the source of an admin page, and look for references to JavaScript which is being loaded from the Genesis or child theme /js folder. That won't be loaded when you use the default WordPress theme, and that is likely your problem.

Once you find out WHAT script is being loaded in the admin where it should not be, you can find out how it was added, why it was added, and how to add it properly on only the desired pages.

You can also compare the theme files to a default Genesis theme package, but that would be harder than looking in the source of an admin page for scripts being loaded from the Genesis folder. If you'd like to load up the Gravity Forms form builder in the admin, then view source, and upload it to pastebin.com or pastie.org, we'll take a look at it for you and see what's going on.

5. Thank you so much, Chris! That would be awesome. Here is the link to the source code:

http://pastebin.com/CnkWUUrd