PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

[resolved] can't get the form to submit

1. carolinavallejo

Hi there!

I am trying to make a form for a competition and every time I test it it fails. It simply won't submit. I always get the error:
    "There was a problem with your submission.
    Errors have been highlighted below"

And nothing is highlighted.

The url is this one: http://designforthefirstworld.com/the-competition/application/

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday April 13, 2010 | Permalink
  2. If you can, please send an admin login to your site via the contact form so we can take a look at the form and see whats up.

3. carolinavallejo

Done! looking fwd your answer!

4. The issue is you have a field on your form, Phone under Part 1, that is set to required but then also set so that the visibility is Admin Only. This means it is never shown to the user so it is never filled out, but it is required.

The visibility setting is found by editing the Phone field and then clicking on the Advanced tab.

You either need to set the visibility to Everyone OR if it is an Admin only field then you need to make it so that it is not required.

When a field Visibility is set to Admin Only it will only be visible in the WordPress admin when you edit that form submission. Users won't see it. So since it was required, the form would not submit but the user couldn't see the field in order to submit it.

I went ahead and set the Visibility to Everyone so it should work now.

5. I have received a few messages " Contact form". I submitted a form filled out to myself and I also received "Contact form". No other information just the words contact form. url http://www.momtechnology.com Thank you!

Posted 13 years ago on Friday August 6, 2010 | Permalink
  6. Your form looks unfinished on the front end, so it could be that the notifications aren't set up properly either. Have you set up your notifications to display the fields you want to see?

You can use the {all_fields} token to show everything, or can select specific form fields to display from the drop down.

screenshot

7. That was easy enough. Thank you!

8. Wonderful. I'm glad I could help out.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.