PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Cart66 product options/variations and Gravity Forms

1. Apologies if this has already been answered but it is difficult to search without already being a licence holder..

I am thinking of using Gravity Forms in conjunction with Cart66 specifically to increase the number of product options that a customer can select from when making an order (Cart 66 only I believe allows two). Will Gravity forms enable this and what exactly would I need to purchase to enable this?

If it helps, I'm looking at integrating orders with PayPal Standard or Express.

Also have you a link which explains how integration between Cart66 and Gravity Forms is effected?

Many thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 22, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I use GF with Cart66 and PayPal Pro (also use GF with PayPal addon on other sites) and it works good. Since I have a services business, I control the purchase by setting up a Cart66 product with $0 and attaching a GF form that has all the pricing built in (with drop downs and check boxes. When using the GF pricing fields and pricing options fields, be sure to click "enable values" then add +$xxx (xxx=your price) to the end. That way Cart66 will pick up the pricing.

If you have one set price, then you can set up the Cart66 product with that pricing instead of $0 and use the GF checkbox, multiple choice for your pricing options and any other GF fields to capture info you need. I prefer to have the GF control everything since there is lots of information I need to collect from the purchaser.

- Fred http://flatfeerealty.com/

3. Thank you so much for the reply. Would you mind answering another couple of questions, if I'm not pushing my luck!

- would this take care of setting shipping tariffs by destination? (I'm assuming yes)

- what added benefit do you get with the PayPal add-on? Is this needed if you want to incorporate a GF order form that then requires PayPal as the gateway? (Again, I'm assuming yes)

- Am I going to need a developer licence to accomplish a) additional product variations and b) shipping costs by destination if I'm using PayPal as the payment method? (once more, I'm assuming yes)

Thanks so much, again.

4. The shipping options would be setup and handled by Cart66, but I dont use the shipping option so I cant answer that question. You should contact Cart66 about that.

When using GF with Cart66 you do not use the GF PayPal add-on. So you wouldn't need a developer license. Cart66 has multiple payment gateways you can setup, again contact them for more info. I use PayPal Pro with it and it works seamlessly!

5. mrez

Fred, it looks like you've accomplished exactly what I want to do with cart66 and gf but with no success. I've set up a shell product in cart66 and linked it to a gf which has simple pricing. I have a base product with a price and then I want to offer via options a standard version with no added cost and then a deluxe version which is $4 more. Gravity forms handles this correctly...i enter the quantity and get the correct total. However, when I go to the cart I do not get the correct price...it seems to just pick up the price from the cart66 product definition. Am I missing something here? Please help. Thank you.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 25, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Very simple... enable the "value" fields in your product or options and after your value name enter +$ and your price. It will be picked up by cart66 and work.

So it should look like this:
    item...........................value.................................price
    product name | product name +$1.00 | $1.00

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 25, 2011 | Permalink
  7. JordashTalon

@Fred

Man you are a Lifesaver! I've been trying to figure out how to get that to work, and was just about to give up on Cart66 / Gravity Forms! But this works nearly perfect, of course it should work by adding just the $1

But this is a small price to pay to hard coding the forms myself, Gravity Forms will save hours of work.

Thank.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 29, 2011 | Permalink
  8. matrix

I got this all to work but I can't get the quantity to be anything but 0 when using Gravity Forms as the quantity choice in Cart66, any ideas?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 4, 2011 | Permalink
  9. JordashTalon

I made a Quantiy field from the Pricing Fields option and disabled the quantity field when I added in a product from the pricing field (also I set the price of the product to 0).

It's a little counter-intuitive but I got it to work eventually.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 4, 2011 | Permalink
  10. matrix

Thanks for the response, but that doesn't work for me. In my form I have a 'quantity' field from 'pricing fields' added. I then added a 'product' field from 'pricing fields' w/ 'disable quantity field' checked and also set at $0 as you mention... no luck.

In Cart66 'quantity field' is set to match my 'quantity' in the Gravity Form. But, it's still ignoring quantity. It is always 0. When submitting form, my price options (as explained earlier in this thread) are added to the cart totally fine. I have to manually change the 0 in the cart to 1 and update for it to be added to the total.

Any more help is greatly appreciated!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 5, 2011 | Permalink
  11. Steve

I have the exact same issue above

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday August 6, 2011 | Permalink
  12. Hi, I have the same problem after upgrading to 1.2.0. It seems that the piece of code that is failing is in Cart66CartItem.php. When the function 'setQuantity' is called for a product that is derived from a Gravity Form the following line equates to true...

// Set quantity to zero because this is a gravity forms product with no entries
    if(count($this->_formEntryIds) == 0) {

This then sets the variable $qty = 0;

This function is equating to 0 even though there IS a form entry. The Cart66CartItem object array _formEntryIds is not being updated correctly when the form is submitted.

Anyone else found this?

Update: Found the problem and the fix.
    In the file Cart66Cart.php the function 'addItem' incorrectly calls $newItem->setQuantity($qty); BEFORE actually populating the array _formEntryIds by calling $newItem->addFormEntryId($formEntryId);. Simply move the call to setQuantity down a number of lines into this block...

Cart66Common::log('[' . basename(__FILE__) . ' - line ' . __LINE__ . "] Product being added is a Gravity Product: $formEntryId");
    if($formEntryId > 0) {
    $newItem->addFormEntryId($formEntryId);
    $newItem->setQuantity($qty);
    $this->_items[] = $newItem;

13. JordashTalon

Hmm how recent was the upgrade because I have it working on one of my sites but I just installed Cart 66 on a new website w/ Gravity Forms and it isn't working like you guys describe.

I thought it was because this new site I haven't yet put in the activation codes for Gravity Forms / Cart 66 (it's a large site i'm testing this new cart out on.

14. HI Jordash, updated last night (wanted to test the User defined functionality for a donation form) - so very recent. See my first post for a potential fix. It's now working fine for me with the above code change. I hope they sort it out in the next release.

Brad

15. JordashTalon

Yeah I just downgraded my site to Cart66 version 1.1.6 Version 1.2.1 breaks the functionality. Should hopefully be an easy fix.

So I guess it's definitely a problem once you upgrade, if anyone needs a download link for 1.1.6 I can provide it until Cart66 fixes the problem.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday August 7, 2011 | Permalink
  16. Yeah simple fix. Tested fine with the new variable product pricing too. So I'm staying on 1.2.0 for now so I can build my donation form.. .

17. Steve

That's a great help thank you

18. matrix

Thanks guys.

19. matrix

Oops, I have two more problems. The form quantity now works with that bit of code, but I have separate questions.

It was suggested above to make a "Product" under "Pricing Fields" with a $0.00 amount and quantity disabled. It seems this is necessary to show all info submitted to the email received (and in cart). The problem is that it says always says $0 at the bottom of the submitted form which is kind of confusing. I would hide this for admin to see only, but it isn't an option under advanced.

Second, and probably more importantly, if I have an option in the form...say, Option with choices A, B, C, at certain price points, when I get the email (or in the cart) it only shows Option with price, but not what choice was selected.

Thanks for all the help guys, I am so close.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 8, 2011 | Permalink
  20. matrix

I figured out my second question just by adding more text to the "value" field, like "+$20 red shirt" seems to work.

Not sure about my first question yet.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 8, 2011 | Permalink
  21. Hi There, Not sure about what you are trying to do. Are you using a 'Total' field on your form (even though its linked to a product in Cart66)? Are you talking about when you look at the form entry or the Order itself? Or is it the reciept?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 12, 2011 | Permalink
  22. So... will Cart 66 not pick up the Total field? I think I'm having these problems too.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 12, 2011 | Permalink
  23. Ok think I understand. Here are the steps for a test form that should do everything you want (assuming you have made the code changed I detailed above depending on the version Cart66 you are running) for a Gravity Form product you want to offer options on ...

Create a new Gravity form and add the following three fields from the 'Pricing' Section:
    - Quantity
    - Product
    - Total

Now, edit the 'Product' field and select/enter the following:
    - 'Field Type' = 'Drop Down'
    - tick 'Enable Values'
    - Edit the 'Choices' to look like this:
    Label | Value | Price
    Choice 1 | +$10 First Choice | $10.00
    Choice 2 | +$15 First Choice | $15.00
    Choice 3 | +$20 First Choice | $20.00
    - Save!
    Your form should now update the total correctly.

Now create a Cart66 Product that uses this Gravity Form. Configure your product as follows :
    - 'Price' of $0.00
    - 'Attach Gravity Form' (select your form)
    - 'Quantity Field' (select you quantity field on your form)
    - save!

This should see both the Gravity form entry and the cart totals all align nicely. Hope this helps.
    Brad

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday August 14, 2011 | Permalink
  24. highpointls

ukkiwi,
    You are a lifesaver! Just patched the code with your suggestion above and it works perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to post your solution.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday September 6, 2011 | Permalink
  25. thanks so much ukkiwi. great post

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 7, 2011 | Permalink
  26. Thanks for the thread, I've learned a lot. However, following the directions of ukkiwi, I'm still not getting what I want. That is, multiple variations of the same product WITH THE PRICE LISTED BESIDE THE CHOICE. Check http://trr.box9.ca/google-1-us. When you add your choice to the cart, the price appears, but I need customers to compare the price of 100 vs 250 vs 500. Also, the total field does not update when a selection is made.

Any ideas/help?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday January 1, 2012 | Permalink
  27. I don't see a form on that page.

Also, the modifications posted by ukkiwi are unsupported by Gravity Forms or Cart66, and integration with Cart66 should be take be taken up in their support forums.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 2, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.