PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

change notify parameters of multiple forms at the same time

1. Is it some how possible, to (safely) change th notify parameters of multiple (ALL) Formulars?
    Explicit Problem:
    One of our workers is not iin the office for some tuime, and anotherone took over her jobs.
    Now every of the Forms got the Email Adress of the person who is not there in either BCC or To fields.
    This needs to be changed to the mail address of the new worker.
    Is there a chance to do that?

I would accept any "dirty" solution as long it is mostly save.

My approaches till now:
    1. I tried dumping the SQL table (X_rg_form_meta) changed values by search and replace and imported the data back into the DB, but that killed the Form-fields (don't know why... syntax was right).
    2. tried exporting as XML, and re-importing with changed values. this kept the form-fields, but did not overwrite the old ones, so we have duplicates now.

Loosing the Entries of the Forms is (sadly) not an option!
    Hoping for a quick fix.
    ~netzstrategen

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 7, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Your best way to do this is just to go through each form and change the notifications settings. How many forms do you have?

3. +90 Forms...
    thats a lot of work to do...

4. David Peralty

Your export and import of forms would be the fastest way to do it then, but again, it isn't ideal because you would have to delete the originals losing any entries they have. And deleting 90 forms isn't fun either. Can you not just forward the old e-mail address to the new person on your e-mail system?

5. forwarding would be the next solution...
    during the wait, i changed the most important forms to fit my needs.

but maybe see it as a feature request to enable multi form edits (like Wordpress does with posts).

Thanks for your help David!

6. David Peralty

If you could create a Feature Requests thread, it might help others put their weight behind it and get it added to our potential developments list. I don't know if you've seen our 1.7 beta yet, but we've separated out notifications so people can have as many of them as they want. It wouldn't have helped you, but maybe some kind of find/replace utility might work easier now that we've made that change.