PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Change the word "other" in"Enable "other" choice" in Radio button opti

1. I want to use custom level (especially to match foreign language) for the the word "other" in "Enable "other" choice" in Radio button option. Is there any way to do that?

My 2nd problem is I am using "gf_list_5col" CSS style for the 3rd radio buttons in this site http://gdm.hdrcrp.org/survey/ .But the "other" choice text box is showing below the radio button instead of the same row. Please help me to correct the issue.
    Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday September 20, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi, I would also like to edit the "other" text. I don't want to do it globally, but per form. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 30, 2012 | Permalink
  3. You can use the gform_other_choice_value filter to change the "Other" placeholder text:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_other_choice_value

However, I believe that is only possible globally, not per form. It might be possible to add some logic to the function to change it conditionally, based on what form is being displayed, but I haven't seen anyone do that yet.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 1, 2012 | Permalink
  4. If you know which page the form will be embedded in always, you can test for the page ID and then conditionally change the text. This worked for me:

[php]
    add_filter('gform_other_choice_value', 'set_placeholder');
    function set_placeholder($placeholder){
        global $post;
        // my form is embedded in post 1006
        if (1006 == $post->ID) {
            return 'Enter your own value';
        }
        else {
            return 'Other';
        }
    }
    Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 1, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Is it also possible to set user-editable text instead of the disappearing placeholder?

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday October 27, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Nick, I am going to close this topic because your question is unrelated to the question which is being discussed here.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday October 28, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.