PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Checkbox list with extra columns for date etc.

1. I am currently learning all the features of Gravity Forms and have what may be a simple question to answer. I am creating an online form for a doctor's office and want to know how to create a long checklist that includes an extra column for "Date last given". For example, the form includes a list of immunizations for the person to check if they have had that particular shot. It would include a checkbox in the first column, the name of the immunization in the second column (i.e. "Tetanus Shot"), and another column for them to indicate the "Date last given." How could I do that? I tried to find my answer on the forums, but really didn't see an answer to what I'm trying to do. Thanks for your help!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 6, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Sounds like you want a checkbox in one column and then a field in the next column which can hold a date. To do that, you can use our CSS Ready Classes of gf_left_half and gf_right_half.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/css-ready-classes-for-gravity-forms/

You would build your form with alternating checkbox fields and text fields, and give the checkbox a Custom CSS class or "gf_left_half" and the text field a class of "gf_right_half".

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 12, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Thanks for the help Chris. I guess that means that each item in the checklist has to be entered individually to be able to create a corresponding Date column. Then I need to apply some specific CSS to the checkboxes and Date fields to make it look more like a single list and not a bunch of individual items.

It works, but is that the easiest way to set it up?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 14, 2013 | Permalink
  4. I believe that is the easiest way to set it up. Do you have any of this online now, so we can take a look and see if you're headed in the right direction?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 14, 2013 | Permalink