PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

comment generated by form

1. jbdurand

Would you have an idea about how to generate a comment using a gravity form?
    Example: the article discuss about birthdate.
    The people can comment in a form that include their own birthdate and a picture of them as baby, plus a comment field. The comment would be generated by a link to a Gravity Form and the result would be created with the GF post generator, within the comment field, eventually in a html form
    any idea?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 1, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I haven't seen anyone using Gravity Forms for this, surprisingly. The ability to replace the comment form is a good idea and something we plan on exploring in the future. It can be done now, but it would have to be done as a customization using available hooks and filters which are all documented in the Developer Documentation area.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 1, 2011 | Permalink
  3. johnlunceford

I'm also looking to produce comments with forms. Any updates on success and methods would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 15, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Same here - I'm searching the forums now to see if I'm missing other comments, but wanted to say that this would be great. In my case, I request address information that I want to be submitted to a database, but also want that submission to appear as a comment as well.

Will keep looking... Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday September 18, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.