PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional Formatting for Post-Submission Forms

1. ZeadsDead

Hi,

I have a form on my website that is a 10 question survey, which consists of drop down answers as well as paragraph text answers.

If the user completes the survey and provides positive answers to my drop-down questions, I want to display the following on the "Thank You" page that follows after they submit the form. Please let me know if this is possible...

///***
    Thank you for submitting the questionnaire. We noticed you had a positive experience with us. We highly encourage you to post your comments online for other customers to see!

Here are links to our Yelp Page:
    Here is a link to our Google+ Page:

Just in case you forgot what you wrote, you can easy copy/paste this text below:
    [insert customer's comments from the recently-completed survey here]

We look forward to seeing your comments online! And remember, if you need any assistance, you can always call us at 555-555-5555

///****

Thus, in a nutshell, how to I show the following on my confirmation page:

1. conditional logic whereby the above section only shows if certain fields are met on our survey
    2. text from the survey is displayed on the confirmation page

thanks in advance!

ben

Posted 11 years ago on Monday February 11, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Do you have a link to the page where this form is online currently?

This is possible and there are a couple ways to do it.

How many options does each of your 10 drop downs have? Are they just yes/no questions, where all yes answers would get you the confirmation shown above (about sharing their experience), or are the answers different and possibly more than just two selections?

One thought I had was to weight each answer (the 'value' for each drop down option) and then create a number field which would total all these values. Then, in your confirmation, use a conditional shortcode to display your boilerplate and also their submitted values. Here is documentation on conditional shortcodes http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Shortcodes#Conditional_Shortcode

That approach would take care of both 1 and 2 in your requirements.

The other approach, if your answers are not so cut and dried, would be to use the gform_pre_submission_filter to go through the logic on all your answers, and if you want to show the "share your experiences" message and values, depending on what was submitted, you could do that.

I've shown how to do that a couple times:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/simple-calculations
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/making-a-result-page-based-on-conditional-logic

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 12, 2013 | Permalink