PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional Logic and fields content

1. Hi,

I am a brand new user of GravityForm.

I have a very simple form with 2 sections shown/hidden with respect to the value of a 2-radio buttons field using conditional logic.

My problem is that whenever a section is hidden and then shown again, there is a kind of reset and all the fields of this section are reverted to their default values.

In the sample http://www.gravityforms.com/demo/gravity-forms-conditional-logic-form-demo/ , the fields keep their values, no matter they are shown or not.

Any clue ? What did I do wrong ? :)

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 13, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Please provide a link to your site where the form is embedded and we'll take a look.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday July 15, 2012 | Permalink
  3. The form is confidential and not public. May I send the link per pm ?

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday July 15, 2012 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

Hi Sven, can I have you run through the following instructions and see if the issue still exists:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Then if it does, can you e-mail me the details of your site at peralty@rocketgenius.com with a link to this discussion thread?

If you are able to find the culprit through the testing instructions, can you come back and let us know?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 16, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Thank you for your reply, David. As a matter of fact I would never even think of bothering anybody without testing for a theme/plugin conflict. I sent you e-mail.

6. David Peralty

I am going to take a look at this now.

7. David Peralty

You are correct, it does forget values. I tested it on my own environment, and I get the same thing you do. I've e-mailed one of the developers to find out why it forgets values and to see what I can do for you.

8. Great. You made my day. Well, I'm sure you will. The client wants us to go online on thursday - if we don't find the solution to the riddle by then we can (until we do) use a version without the folding effect ... Would be nicer though with ... Thanks for helping !

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday July 17, 2012 | Permalink