PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional Logic Kills Form with jQuery.min.js

1. I know that this has been mentioned before but I don't really see a fix. The plugin: "Nivo Slider for WordPress" is loading up jQuery.min.js and that kills Gravity form with any Conditional logic active.

Most developers are going to minified - why not you guys?

Ron
    http://ronrichardsonwebdesign.com

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 20, 2013 | Permalink
  2. I will ask the development team why they decided not to use the minified version. But, is there a form on a site you're working on which is not working? I didn't see any on the URL you provided.

Also, when a form with conditional logic fails to work, it is normally due to a JavaScript or jQuery error, or multiple jQuery being loaded, an old version of jQuery being loaded, or jQuery being loaded in the footer.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday February 23, 2013 | Permalink
  3. mesmonde

I am having the same problem, except that my forms with conditional logic did work initially, then stopped. I can embed the form but then nothing at all displays on the page.
    http://www.devonprep.com/support/conditional-form/

How do I go about troubleshooting this?

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday February 24, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Richard Vav
    Administrator

@mesmonde it is highly unlikely that your problem is down the use of the minimised version of jquery, I use the minified version on the sites I manage and have never experienced any problems when used with gravity forms that have conditional logic.

Checking your site it looks like you are loading jquery version 1.6.1 from google, this could well be the problem, chrome's javascript console is reporting at least 1 error which is down to a script trying to use the .on() method which was only introduced in version 1.7. I would advise you update that jquery call to version 1.8.3 which is the same version that currently ships with wordpress.

Once you have updated jquery to 1.8.3 you can then re-check to see if your form is working or not.

5. mesmonde

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks very much!!!

6. Richard Vav
    Administrator

@mesmonde No problem, glad you got it sorted. By the way you should also update the fallback on the next line to use jquery 1.8.3 as well.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday February 25, 2013 | Permalink