PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional notification and routing

1. jstrulens

Hello,

Could you tell me if Gravity Forms can route an after submission email based on an user choice in a select box?

- All question for Brussels need to go to brussels@domain.tld
    - All question for Paris need to go to paris@domain.tld

Could you tell me if Gravity Forms can send a custom user notification with a specific attachment based on a choice in a select box?

- All question for Brussels need to send the notification A with the attachment X to the user
    - All question for Paris need to send the notification B with the attachment Y to the user

Thanks for your help because this is the most complicated usage of a contact form that I need to handle with WordPress, and I can't find with wich plugin to do that.

Julien

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday May 18, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms can route the Admin Notification to an email based on a choice in a select box, so it can do this part.

However it can't send a User Notification with a specific attachment based on a choice in a select box. Conditional notification messages are not currently a feature, however it is a feature we plan on adding in the future.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday May 18, 2011 | Permalink
  3. circus

Hi there,

Can you tell me if this has yet been added as a feature as I could really use it on two current projects.

Best wishes,
    Andrew

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 19, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Andrew, this feature has not been added. It can be accomplished currently with code you add to your theme's functions.php, but it's a customization and not built in to Gravity Forms. You would use built in hooks to run your specific notification code.

5. circus

Thanks,

I actually think I can achieve what I need (multiple notifications sent to different people depending upon certain responses given in the form) with the existing functionality of Gravity Forms notifications.

Unless I have a misunderstanding?

Best wishes, Andrew

6. @circus Yes, you can route the admin notification to different people based on form field selections made in the form using existing features. Specifically the Routing option on the Send To of the Admin Notification for the form.

7. where can i find the routing option?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 24, 2012 | Permalink
  8. nevermind. found it. but it is an awesome feature. time to highlight it at http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Notifications

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 24, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.