PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Confirmation page renders code as html entities

1. I successfully integrated TinyMCE as a visual HTML editor per this thread: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/tinymce-visual-editor-html-stripped-from-submitted-entries

I am displaying the form results to a confirmation page. On the confirmation page it is converting everything to HTML entities, so the <p> tag is displaying on the page as "<p>lorem ipsum</p>" instead of as "lorem ipsum" inside an HTML paragraph.

When I look at the entry in the dashboard it is rendering correctly, so this issue seems to just be limited to the confirmation page? How can I get it to render as HTML instead of being converted to text?

You can view the example here (the results are displayed at the very top of the confirmation page): http://thirdiron.com/libguides-widget/

I had addressed this issue in the previously mentioned thread but have had no responses so I figured it would be better to instead move it to its own thread.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 15, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Sorry I never updated that original topic. We did talk about this one a little bit. Can you first please check for theme and plugin conflicts by following these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

However, in thinking about this, the textarea is not WYSIWYG on this page. So, the text you are pre-populating it with should be converted to entities, correct? Why would HTML be allowed in that textarea? It should be just text.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 16, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Whoops - not sure what happened to the WYSIWYG editor. I added it back in so it's now showing again.

The default theme is stripping the HTML completely, whereas my theme is converting to entities. So maybe this is a theme issue? I am using a Genesis child theme. Although the default theme (Twenty Eleven) should not be stripping the HTML, so even with that theme there is still a problem, just not the same problem. Neither theme is giving me the result I want.

Deactivating plugins didn't make any difference so there don't seem to be any conflicts there.

Is there perhaps a better way to enable users to input HTML in a text area (use a small selection of tags) - and have it output as HTML? The primary need here is to accommodate links - so that when the merge tag is used on the confirmation page, it shows a clickable link. So if you can think of any other options please let me know!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 16, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Any luck with this? My client is getting impatient, as they expected to launch this feature this week. If I can't get this sorted out by the end of the week I will need to start over using another method, and I really hope to avoid doing that! Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday October 19, 2012 | Permalink