PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Correct / Incorrect Quiz Validation

1. Hi,
    I'm using the Quiz add-on and it's working well, I've got the quiz broken up in to 10 pages, one true/false question per page. When the user selects an answer and hits submit, I'm looking for a functionality that will display whether or not the answer was correct. I can do the validation if it's incorrect but cannot get anything to display if correct. Any suggestions?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 22, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Can you post a link to your quiz online now, and show us how you're doing the validation of the incorrect answers right now?

3. I inadvertently assumed the "validation" entry on the advanced tab worked. It doesn't. So the question now becomes, Is there a way to display correct/incorrect information before moving to the next page?

http://www.kyb.com/crccquiz/new-quiz/

4. The correct/incorrect notations are shown after the form is submitted. On a multipage form, the submission does not occur until the last page, and that's where the answers given are checked against the correct answers. The quiz add-on is not designed to work like this, but I will ask the development team if they have any ideas for you.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 23, 2013 | Permalink
  5. After checking with the development team, there is currently no way to show the result of each question as you go through the quiz. And you're right about the Advanced > Validation not being relevant at this time. It's an interesting idea though which we will have to discuss. Currently there is no way I know of in one quiz to implement what you want to do. However, you've given us some things to discuss. Thank you.

6. Chris,
    Thanks for the confirmation. Hopefully a feature like this may become available in the future.

7. We get some of our best ideas from our users, so thank you for bringing it up.