PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Create a job board site

1. jamesling

I'm wondering whether Gravity Forms can be used as the basis for a job board site. The site would need to allow jobs to be posted (by employers) and resumes posted (by employees). Ideally, the submission forms would dynamically change depending on say a job category chosen by the submitter. I'd also need a search form whereby the member could select search criteria which would depend also on the job category of interest. I am also interested in charging employers to be able to view employee contact details only after paying a subscription which would enable such access for a time period (eg. a month). At the expiry of the period, the employer would need to pay again.

Although I have some HTML, CSS and PHP skills, | am by no means an expert. Would you say that Gravity forms provides sufficient functionality to get me some if not most of the way there? Interested in your feedback.

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Friday May 25, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Gravity Forms would give you everything you need on the data collection side, but it would require customization on the front-end for displaying data, managing your expiration dates, and searching information.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday May 25, 2012 | Permalink
  3. To add to this question... im looking to do a similar site and have a quick question.... would I need the developer edition to be able to have custom user registration?

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Friday June 29, 2012 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

Yes, you do need the developer license for the user registration add-on.

5. Thank you for the quick response! :)

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.