PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Create a Salesforce Web-to-lead form using GF

1. I purchased GF in hopes of using it to create a Salesforce Web-to-lead (WTL) forms. I have a client who uses multiple WTL forms based on page and campaign. Is there a way to hack the current version of GF to do such a thing?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday August 30, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Hey Mike,

I just did this - set up the form target to redirect, make the form target redirect the Salesforce URL (e.g. https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8) and then encode all your variables in the pass data as query string box. Works like a charm.

Christopher S. Penn
    VP, Strategy and Innovation
    Blue Sky Factory

Posted 13 years ago on Monday August 30, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Chris. Thank you so much for the advice. Not quite sure on how to do this specifically but I'll do some digging (still getting used to the plugin). Again, thanks for the reply.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday August 31, 2010 | Permalink
  4. The way I have it set up is to choose Redirect on the Confirmation tab, then Pass Field Data Via Query String checked, then make a urlencoded version of your salesforce field variables in the box below. Example:

first_name={First Name:1}&last_name={Last Name:2}&email={Email:3}

etc.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday September 1, 2010 | Permalink
  5. I haven't tried this yet, but seems like it would work -- and you can even specify "thankyou_url" with the SF variables such that it redirects them back to your website's thank you page for analytics tracking... awesome.

I was thinking about redirecting the form to a php script that cURL'd to SF --- but this method is much easier and cleaner!

Thanks for the input cspenn - it's people like you that make the world a better place :)

Posted 13 years ago on Friday October 29, 2010 | Permalink
  6. jakeschwartz

Would anyone be willing to post an example of how to do this in more detail? Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Friday December 24, 2010 | Permalink
  7. Is there any way to combine this with the user registration form? I'd love to be able to register someone in SalesForce at the same time as creating a user for them. I suspect not, given that you have to use the redirect URL, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday January 21, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Hi Cwulff, at a glance I don't see why this wouldn't work with the User Registration add-on as the add-on does not rely on any specific confirmation type for the form. Doesn't hurt to try. Let us know how it goes! :)

Posted 13 years ago on Friday January 21, 2011 | Permalink
  9. Chris-

Fellow Baltimorian here..tell Greg I said hello.

Thanks for the tip on the Salesforce integration...

The redirect on the confirmation will replace:

<form action="https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?
    encoding=UTF-8" method="POST">

But how did you get the hidden fields in?

<input type=hidden name="oid" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXX">
    <input type=hidden name="retURL" value="http://">

Posted 13 years ago on Friday April 22, 2011 | Permalink
  10. fbarnett

I'm working on this now, but having a tough time getting dropdowns to import into Salesforce. Works like a charm for straight text fields, but for fields with multiple options (checkboxes, dropdowns, radio buttons) I run into trouble.

Anyone have any luck with that?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday June 29, 2011 | Permalink
  11. I have created an Add-on plugin that works great. It will be available on WordPress.org soon, but until that time, you may also download the plugin here.

Let me know if you encounter any issues: info@katzwebservices.com

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday July 20, 2011 | Permalink
  12. Hi

Trying the new Add-on from Zack does anyone know how to map other custom fields

Craig

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday July 27, 2011 | Permalink
  13. Just create a form field with the same label as your custom field title and it will map.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday July 27, 2011 | Permalink
  14. Hi Zack

Thanks for the reply, there is something going on, thats not correct for us.

There are no extra fields that we have mapped showing in salesforce, we have used the builtin salesforce web to leads html before and thats worked for all the mapped fields. Only the standard fields e.g. first name, last name, company, phone, website are working.

Regards
    Craig

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 29, 2011 | Permalink
  15. Is there any way to have the information imported from a GF form into SalesForce as something other than a lead? If so, please advise! Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 4, 2011 | Permalink
  16. Anonymous
    Unregistered

I recently did this successfully without the plugin but really appreciate the development of that, Zack. Going to try it out soon. One thing we have had happening with SalesForce during submission of forms on occasion is double entries in the SF database (don't know if it's SF or the user), and also SF not returning the user to the thank you page occasionally. Happens infrequently but bothersome when either of those do occur..

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 10, 2011 | Permalink
  17. lukethomasmedia

It's not working for me either :(

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 16, 2011 | Permalink
  18. I would suggest users of the Salesforce Add-on by katzwebdesign request support at the plugin site:

http://wordpress.org/tags/gravity-forms-salesforce?forum_id=10

Or contact Zack Katz here using the information found here:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/create-a-salesforce-web-to-lead-form-using-gf#post-30543

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 17, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.