PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Credit Card Number

1. Before I purchase the order form, I want to make sure that we will have access to their credit card number? I know that other forms will block out the number except for the last 4 digits. I am wondering since we will be using our own credit card processor, if there is a way to view the entire credit card number?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday June 18, 2012 | Permalink
  2. So the "credit card field" we have for use only shows up and can be used with the Authorize.Net and/or PayPal Pro Add-Ons and also must be used with a secure certificate. We do hide everything but the last 4 digits as we don't store the CC number for security reasons.

Now, with that said, technically - if you wanted to - you could use any field or combinations of fields to ask for this information. It would be up to your users to trust you with it and the way you store or handle it.

3. Following up on Rob's information:

Since you are processing the cards on your own, if you are just collecting the credit card number with the form and storing the credit card number with the entry, you have access to the complete number. You will have have to comply with all the PCI requirements on your own, but Gravity Forms will collect and display all the form information you collect.

4. Perfect! Thank you for the quick response. One more question... Is there a way to create an order form without using wordpress? If so, is there a link to step me through this?

5. Gravity Forms is only available for use in WordPress as it relies on core WordPress functionality to work correctly.

6. Is there anyway of creating a form using wordpress and grabbing the code and placing it into its own file perhaps?

7. No, but you could create a blank page template and then iframe the form url onto another page if you wanted.

8. Okay thats what I will do! Thank you.

9. No problem, glad to help out!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.