PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

CSV File not outputting correctly

1. jorgeferragut

I use GF on all my websites and never have issues exporting the entries. However, on this particular site, when I export the entries and I open the CSV file, there is nothing there. There are only about 100 entries, so it's not a huge file.

I've tried exporting only 3 fields from the 100 entries (name, email and phone #), but that still doesn't work.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Help is appreciated... really need to export this info!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 1, 2012 | Permalink
  2. How about if you select a narrower date range, but all the fields. Will the export work correctly then?

3. jorgeferragut

Thanks for the quick reply. I just tried what you suggested, but it also doesn't work. The files is always 0 bytes.

4. Do you have any other forms on this site? If so, can you try exporting entries from one of those forms? Have you ever been able to export entries from this form? Have you ever been able to export entries on this server? Was the domain changed or site moved from one server to another? Anything else interesting about your set up? How about file permissions on the directory where the export is stored? Can you activate WP_DEBUG and see if there are any errors being logged about file permissions or other errors? Do you have access to any other server logs that might help?

This could be from a theme or plugin conflict. Can you try testing for those by following these instructions? http://rkt.gs/testing

The export functionality works normally, so this is going to be something specific to your setup, either with the server or the site.

5. jorgeferragut

That did it... it was a plugin conflict. I was able to isolate it... then I exported my CSV, then reactivated the plugin. Thanks for your help!

6. David Peralty

Which plugin was it for reference?

7. jorgeferragut

It may have been a combination... first Askimet. When I went one by one, GF was working until I activated the Askimet. But then, I isolated a plugin called "Front Slider" and it also gave me a problem. The rest seemed to be fine.... so I have to think it was those 2.

8. Thank you for the update.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.