PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Custom Document Title & Meta Description & Tags Question

1. Gil Namur

Sorry if this has been covered. We are using forms for content entry and I have to say .. ITS GREAT!!! Its reduced our work flow by over 50% and I know we can get even better than that.

I'd like to have our authors include Custom Document Title, Meta Description & Meta Tags when they submit their articles. How do I get that data to populate those meta fields in the post created by the form? I am using Genesis SEO options and would like to have those 3 fields magically populated.

Thanks & Cheers,
    Gil

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday March 5, 2011 | Permalink
  2. You would have to know what post meta key is used for those fields. You would then add a Post Custom Field to your form for each of those and configure their custom field name option so it uses the correct post meta key. So you'd have to know what Genesis SEO uses for the meta key for those fields.

For example see this screenshot:

http://grab.by/9kOP

I added a Custom Field to my form, gave it a Field Label of "SEO Title" and under the Custom Field Name I entered the post meta key for that field. This is just an example, I don't know the correct key that Genesis uses. You would have to find that out by looking in the database for an existing post that has that data populated or asking StudioPress support for they post meta keys used by SEO related data.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 7, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Gil Namur

Hi Again Carl,

Thanks! I'm a pro plus Studio Press member so will ask them.

Have a great day!
    Cheers,
    Gil

4. Gil Namur

Update!
    I tried this (with the right meta keys) and it works PERFECTLY!
    Thanks again!
    Cheers,
    Gil

5. Gil Namur

Hey Carl,

So I tried this on our big live site which uses Headspace2 for SEO.

I found these

Custom Doctitle' => '_headspace_page_title',
    META Description' => '_headspace_description',
    META Keywords' => '_headspace_keywords',

Cant get the meta keywords to work. The form captured the data but does not enter it into keywords. If I try using "keywords" as the meta key, it gets entered into a custom field called keywords but not in the headspace area.

Wondered if any one here might have an idea or are using headspace?

Thanks and cheers,
    Gil
    P.S. Works GREAT with Genesis SEO!

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 14, 2011 | Permalink
  6. If it works for _headspace_page_title, and _headspace_description it should work for _headspace_keywords also unless Headspace is using a different key name. Gravity Forms uses whatever you enter into the name for the Custom Field key name so whatever you enter there will be used. I would double check that it was entered correctly and try again.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 14, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Gil Namur

HI Carl,

Thanks for you reply! I did double and triple check it. I am thinking that somewhere in headspace there is a setting that has to be enabled/disabled OR that is the wrong meta key.
    When I figure it out (which I will!) I will pop back and let folks know what to use.
    If anyone is using Genesis SEO .. these work 100%

Custom Document Title _genesis_title
    Meta Description _genesis_description
    Custom Post/Page Meta Keywords _genesis_keywords

Cheers
    Gil

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 15, 2011 | Permalink