PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Customizing Activation Page/Output

1. Is there anyway to customize the activation page? As in the outputted message, and content html. I would like to add a redirect query string to the login redirect, and edit some of the page layout.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 5, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I will bring this to the attention of the development team.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 6, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Okay great, thanks for your help

4. After some digging, I believe my end goal is to override the activate.php file in gravityformsuserregistration/includes .

It would be best to to not have it overridden with each update, and since activate.php replaces wp-activate.php the normal template override protocol for wordpress core files doesn't work.

As for customizing the email, I found the function modify_signup_user_notification_message inside signups.php . Is there a way to hook into that somehow?

5. Hi ktrusak,

I'm working on a little custom snippet that will help you customize the activate.php page. Hang tight and I will answer both questions soon. :)

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday December 11, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Hi David, Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the slow response, I must have missed the email note. Thanks for taking the time on that, much appreciated!

7. Hi ktrusak,

Here is a little snippet that will let you override the default activate.php that comes packaged with the User Registration add-on:

http://pastie.org/5513028

You will need to copy the the packaged activate.php from the add-on to your theme folder. You can then customize it to your hearts content and do not have to fear it being overwritten by future updates to the User Registration add-on. :)

In regards to the "modify_signup_user_notification_message" function, this is hooked into WP with the "wpmu_signup_user_notification_email" hook. You can also hook into this and modify the message as you see fit. You may need to do some tricky handling to preserve (or recreate) the correct activation link. :)

8. Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to help me with that, much appreciated. Stuff like this really helps keep the site consistent.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 13, 2012 | Permalink
  9. You're welcome.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 13, 2012 | Permalink
  10. This snippet has been dramatically enhanced over at Gravity Wiz:

http://gravitywiz.com/customizing-gravity-forms-user-registration-activation-page/

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 28, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.