PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Data not sent to MailChimp

1. Hello,

The add-on for Gravity Forms MailChimp seems not to send data to MailChimp.
    Everything is well configured with all required fields actually connected.
    We tried to connect only required fields or all fields (and also with hidden ones to match perfectly with the mailchimp suscribe form and when we don't want them appear on our website).

We don't understand why it's not working.
    (May be since we added fields or imported contacts directly into MailChimp ?)

Have you any idea to solve this problem ?

Configuration :
    WordPress Multisite version 3.2.1
    Gravity Forms version 1.5.2.8
    Mailchimp add-on for Gravity Forms

We have already contacted MailChimp who told us to call you.
    We have just sended you all the access you asked. :)

Best Regards.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 26, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm not sure what you mean by added fields or imported contacts directly into MailChimp.

Subscribers are only going to be added if they don't already exist. If you imported contacts into MailChimp and then are submitting a form to subscribe and that email already exists, it won't add it again.

The first thing you need to do is a test with just basic integration, just pass an email field to MailChimp. Also turn off the double opt-in option so it's added immediately to MailChimp. Test with it setup like that and see if it works.

If not, send me the following information to my carl@rocketgenius.com email address and include a link to this forum post so I know what it is in reference to:

- WordPress Admin Login
    - FTP Login for the site
    - MailChimp Login

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday September 27, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Athen

Same issue here - did you ever find a solution, Carl?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 15, 2012 | Permalink
  4. I know that at times I've thought my connection to MailChimp wasn't working. In fact, it was just taking a while for MailChimp to send out the double opt-in message. If you think your form is broken, you might just need to wait a bit.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 17, 2012 | Permalink
  5. I would say that @grandstaff is correct. That can be an issue with MailChimp. They handle sending the opt-in email confirmation and that isn't always instant. MailChimp's API can also experience disruptions, and your internet provider could also experience a problem communicating with MailChimp's API. A lot of moving pieces here.

We've had a few people report that MailChimp wasn't working lately and after receiving their login information we tested their sites and encountered no problems.

I would suggest giving it sometime and also check your spam folder to make sure the opt-in email did not end up in your spam folder.

If you are absolutely sure it is not working I would suggest doing the following...

- Make sure you are running the latest version of the MailChimp Add-On.
    - Edit your MailChimp Feed and re-save it.
    - Test again.

If it still doesn't work... post your own support request on this issue and someone on the support team can assist you after you have done the above.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 17, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.