PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Digging into GF Roles and Capabilities

1. Hi All

Sry for re-posting this query.. Didn't specified the right title last time..

I'm opening my sites's backend to specific users (Author role in WP) and I want them to maintain/view only their forms. While experimenting with GF roles and capability option, I'm able to to limit specific actions to each role. But as soon as I assign "gravityforms_edit_forms" capability to "Author" role, this Author is able to edit the form even added by Admin. So in short "can we assign a form to user like a post?" and let that user maintain his forms, and if yes, how can we customize the admin screen views?

I've been using Gravity Forms for past 2+ years and have not seen this option. Have anyone had such requirement? I think this is a must for large websites/multisites to assign and limit access of forms data to multiple users.

Regards
    Nitin

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 29, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hi Carl

Can you please provide some pointers. I'm not able to get any way out.

Regards
    Nitin

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 30, 2011 | Permalink
  3. treuter

This is absolutely a need and a major inadequacy of GravityForms. Is there any hope of seeing this functionality surface in an upcoming release?

Dan

4. What you are referring to is the roles and capabilities WordPress provides for things such as post creation. They actually have multiple capabilities for the same thing. There is a capability for the ability to edit posts and there is a capability for the ability to edit others posts.

Currently Gravity Forms does not get this granular. The capabilities in Gravity Forms were created when we first began developing the product and before we had a large number of users using the product in a wide variety of ways.

They were primarily designed so that you could have someone that can view and manage entries but not edit the forms. Situations where you may have a secretary that can respond to Contact Us entries but not be able to edit and cause problems with the Contact Us form.

However, we do plan on implementing these additional capabilities so that it allows you to set it so that a user can only edit his or her forms and entries. It most likely won't be in Gravity Forms v1.6.2 but it is something that will be coming in a Gravity Forms v1.6.X release.

5. treuter

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Dan

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.