PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Discount Options and Add Option of 50% to Total Price

1. Hello,

We want to do a relative simple thing. We sell Events and we want to offer following combinations:

1.- CHOOSE AN EVENT:

o Event A = 100 EUR
    o Event B = 120 EUR

There should be a discount if customer choose Event A + Event B (In this case 200 EUR, 20€ discount)

2.- PAYING TOTAL AMOUNT NOW or MAKE A RESERVATION?

(a) I Pay Total Now. Total = (Event A or Event B or Event A+B - Discount)
    (b) I Pay 50% Reservation Now. Total = (Event A or Event B or Event A+B) / 2

I don't know:

3.- how to parse choices from Optión 1 to (a) or (b)
    4.- how to parse (a) or (b) to be the total Price.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday April 10, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Most of what you need can be done with Product fields. The first one being the discount field. Create a product that is of a value of negative 20 EUR. Using conditional logic set it to only show if ALL are true. Set the conditions to be that Event A is selected. Then add one that says Event B is selected.

For the second one, you'll use conditional logic as well. If they select reservation, then you will need a product calculation form field to show. This form field should do exactly what you want. It should calculate what 50% of the total is and subtract it from the current total.

3. "... This form field should do exactly what you want. It should calculate what 50% of the total is and subtract it from the current total. "

OK understood and applied the first discount.

But how do I Calculate the 50% of total in the Calculation form? I don't see "Total" in Allowable form fields when trying to insert that Tag in Calculations.

I guess is done in a different way?

4. David Peralty

You would take all the product fields merge tags, add them together, and divide them by two. Then make it a negative number. This would subtract half the value, and leave only 50% left to go to the Total field.

5. OK.

I got it.

I do it setting a "-" at the beggining of the calculation. And to include the discount (this was the point I didn't understand) I added the Product Discount Field (Price) to the sume and put everything between Brackets then I divide it by 2 so that I get 50% of total as negative number and get 50% discounted for the total.

Thanks a lot..!

6. BTW, the form is here:

http://elcaminodelamagia.com/tienda/producto/producto-de-prueba-con-formulario/