PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

"Disguise" checkbox field as "jquery accordion"

1. sascha

Hi there,
    is it somehow possible to "disguise" a checkbox field as a jquery accordion heading/field? Basically I would like to use conditional logic on a section called "Project Details". This section is only shown when checkbox field "Would you like to add any detailed information" is checked. Now that does not look very elegant. I woud rather have an accordion style heading "Project Details" with a plus sign (or arrow to the side) at the end of the line. Once clicked on the heading the "conditional logic" gets activated and all the fields in the section "Project Details" are shown.
    How can I go about getting the desired effect? Is Conditional Logic here the best approach or should I go down the road of JQuery?
    Has anyone solved a similar situation?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday November 13, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Hi Sascha, I have had a thought about how you could achieve this, if this is the same form your slider is on, since you are loading jquery ui you could turn your check box into a button http://jqueryui.com/demos/button/#checkbox

The button options could then be modified to add your plus icon or arrow and the CSS customised to make it however wide you want and reduce the margins to bring the section closer to the bottom edge of the button to give it more of an accordion appearance.

Richard

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 14, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Thanks for the assist richard.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 15, 2011 | Permalink