PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Does User Registration Need "Allow New Registrations" to be enabled?

1. Naomi

Q: I know this might sound dumb, but do I have to "Allow new registrations" on my network in order for the User Registration Add-On to work? I ask because if I do, then WordPress adds a "Register" link to the login page and I only want users to be able to register through my form.

Thanks.

A (from Carl): I believe it is independent, it should work with that option turned off as Gravity Forms handles it all by itself.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday April 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. On one of my websites where I use the User Registration add-on I've got that setting enabled. To make sure visitors get the right register-form I added a rule in the Redirection plugin (the registration URL redirects to a custom page).
    This means I can use the default WP register URL everywhere :) (just check this URL)

This also means that it doesn't matter if you have it enabled or not, they won't get to see the default register form of WP itself :)

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday April 23, 2011 | Permalink