PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Drop Down of Custom Posts Stored as Custom Field

1. VFHwebdev

I'm trying to use Gravity Forms to handle proposal submissions for a conference. My form generates a custom post type of "proposal".

I'd like to auto populate a drop down on this form with entries from another custom post type that holds speakers. I can do that through the custom post types gravity forms plugin. But what I can't figure out is how I could then store the value of that dropdown in a custom field for the proposal post type that's getting created when my form is submitted.

It's easy enough to do one or the other, but to do both doesn't seem possible.

Any suggestions?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 19, 2013 | Permalink
  2. You should add a Post Custom Field (from the Post Field area of the form builder) and choose the type of Drop Down. That will store whatever is submitted by the dropdown, into a custom field of your selection (when you configure the Custom Field Name.) It sounds like you have a handle on dynamically populating the drop down with the posts already?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 21, 2013 | Permalink