PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Dynamic populate radio button value

1. rgenieters

Hi,

Trying to make a form to have a radio button selected when the page is called with a certain parameter. I already tried several dynamically option and examples found here and on the internet but no luck untill now.

Situation:
    I now have a website with several forms, these forms almost always start with a 'option 1' and 'option 2' choice. Depending on the choice a different part of the form is show.
    Now I want to call a page and already set 'option 1' selected so that the user doesn't need to click that anymore.

So how do I achieve that? I already tried so much but I can't get the that radio button to be selected using ?my_parameter=val solution.

Hope someone can help me out!

Thnx
    Sven

Ps: does it matter that I am using AJAX for the form.. and should I?

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 21, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Do you have the field set to allow dynamic population? What parameter are you using? Can you link to your form?

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 21, 2013 | Permalink
  3. rgenieters

HI!

Thanks for you reply.

yes I have to 'allow dynamic population' field set. Parameter name = my_offerte

And in the form on my page I have even added the following code:

[gravityform id="4" name="PEF - Testament" title="false" description="false" ajax="true" field_values='my_offerte=checked']

You can see the form here http://bit.ly/19n3Irf
    So i want to be able to call this url with a parameter and then have to top option selected automatically.

Hope you can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Posted 10 years ago on Sunday June 23, 2013 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

You would want to change this: my_offerte=checked to be my_offerte=valueoffield.

Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 24, 2013 | Permalink
  5. rgenieters

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reasponse..

Err just to be clear I need to change it to my_offerte=input_9 ?

This is the input field I am trying to get selected:

<input name="input_9" type="radio" value="Ik wil direct online een offerte aanvragen" id="choice_9_0" tabindex="1" onclick="gf_apply_rules(4,[0,12,11,7,8,14,13,29,25,27,24,20,21,22,23]);">
    Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 26, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Richard Vav
    Administrator

If you still require assistance with this please open a new support ticket or a priority support ticket if you are a developer license holder. Thank you.

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday July 27, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.