PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Dynamic search(semi-detailed)

1. Can i build forms where customers create accounts, input information, then others use a search function to look for that input information with a fee attached to the results?

For example person A inputs the experience they've had with a company in which person B does a search for that company and the result is the input information from person A. The result can then be fully viewed for a fee and if person B is registered

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday June 2, 2012 | Permalink
  2. What Gravity Forms can do for you is create posts from form submissions.

You can also use the user registration add-on, along with the paypal add-on to charge for user access to the site, either by a one time purchase, or on a subscription base.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday June 3, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I THANK you for the reply.

So the results would the "post" but can I apply a fee to that post? For clarification, do you understand what Im needing as far as the "fee for results"?

4. Im sorry I mean the "post" would be the "results of input information"

5. Gravity Forms would not be the software to use for that type of function. Post management isn't a core function of the product. It pretty much is limited to post creation and user registration. So, not as granular as to what you are looking for.

However, we are working on a new product called Gravity Charge that sounds like it will be a fit for you in this situation. It will manage and control digital products for sale, including site content. We hope to release that at some point this year as it's still in development.

6. Sounds awesome, will it be an add on of gravity forms or a product of its own?

7. It will be a separate product, with it's own licensing and such. Gravity Forms is a very powerful, functional form creation tool though. Hopefully you can find a use for it as well! :)

8. Thanks much! I may still need gravity forms for the actual forms, search, and profile aspect. So hopefully gravity charge doesn't cost as much as gravity forms or Im out of luck. Thanks again!

9. No problem. Just think of all the money you will make by using it. ;)

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.