PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Dynamically add "product options" from custom posts query (post titles + fields)

1. Gaslight

Hello there, I'm new to Gravity forms but very excited about the possibilities offered by this plugin

I have a custom post type for "Products". Each Product has a "Category" assigned by a custom taxonomy. Each Product has also certain custom fields, ie for "price" and other details (such as predefined quantities).

Can I generate a list of Gravity Form product options querying posts from a specific category?

I see the product options field consist of: label + value + price

I want to generate values with post titles, labels with post titles but link those to Product page (post), then price to be set from custom field of the product-post. I need to do this for Products belonging to different categories in my custom taxonomy.

I found this post: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/dynamically-populating-checkboxes-with-post-titles-from-a-specific-category

for generic checkboxes, but product options field are a bit different, since the presence of a price field attached to each option

can you help me figuring out how to achieve what I want please?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 14, 2011 | Permalink
  2. So I can better understand what you are trying to do... let me see if I can sum it up.

You want to dynamically populate pricing fields on your form using data from a custom post type for the products and pricing that appear on your form?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 16, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Gaslight

Yes

suppose I have different custom post types "products" and "services" (or even more types), with a common custom meta field "price"

is there any way to generate a form with all the products I want in it? Some products should appear in certain parts of the form than others.
    User filling the form should be able to check/uncheck what products he wants to buy.

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 17, 2011 | Permalink
  4. I'd like to do the same, were you able to do this?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 11, 2012 | Permalink