PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Edit entries within web frontend

1. andrebasse

Hi,

I'm working on a Wordpress project that requires a lot of custom forms. I was wondering if Gravityforms supports the editing on entries from the web frontend (not only the Wordpress admin panel). Is there a way that "normal" users can create and edit entries from the web front end?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Andre

Posted 14 years ago on Monday November 16, 2009 | Permalink
  2. RichardBest

Hi there. The short answer is yes, if you use a combination of Scribu's excellent Front-End-Editor plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/front-end-editor/) and Justin Tadlock's excellent Members plugin.

You use Gravity Forms to allow users to post entries from the front end, and you use these other two plugins to allow users with certain access rights to edit their own posts. I think that works; tried it out the other day.

Cheers
    Richard

3. Excellent suggestion Richard. Combining those plugins does give you the capability to do exactly that.

We have avoided adding functionality that strays from Gravity Forms core functionality: forms. This is to avoid code bloat and turn Gravity Forms into something it isn't intended to be.

That is why we integrated with the Members plugin for role management, and suggest using other plugins such as Front End Editor combined with Members to allow people to edit posts on the front end.

Maybe we should do a write up on how to accomplish this using plugins that compliment Gravity Forms when used together.

4. Sbyrakis

Hi @andrebasse, did you have any success with the FEE and Members? How did you handle custom fields?

Thanks
    Stelios

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 23, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Hi,

It has been a year since this post was made. Is there a better way of achieving the front end editor than using the two plugins combined? If not, did you ever write a tutorial on how to combine them with GF?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 18, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Display entry data on the front end of a site and being able to allow users to edit entry data on the front is one of the things we will be focusing on with Gravity Forms v1.7. So it's currently possible only as a customization, but it's on our roadmap and has been attached to the v1.7 release.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 18, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Any news on that front? I'm new to Gravity Forms and I thought it would be helping me quickly develop web applications, but without some type of "edit record" function, it's pretty impossible to go anywhere :(

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 14, 2012 | Permalink
  8. David Peralty

Nothing new on this front currently. All my best!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 14, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Hi,

+1

Good to know frontend post editing is on the roadmap! Can you give a rough estimation when 1.7 will come out? If it takes to long, I might in the meantime install the frontend editor plugin.

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 5, 2012 | Permalink
  10. David Peralty

You should probably install the front end editor as this isn't ready as of yet. All my best!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 5, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.