PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

emails with attachments

1. Hi Guys,
    Before I transfer my licence to my new site, I just want to check that gravity forms can do what I want it to do on my new site otherwise I may as well just leave it on my current site that has just basic contact forms.

I want the user to be able to fill out a few fields, attach a file and submit it, but then I want the results of that form to be e-mailed to me with the uploaded file as an attachment.
    Can this be done?
    Thanks, Adrian

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 18, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I have not found a way to have the actual files emailed... just the link to the uploaded files on your server are shown in the email. If there is a way to have them sent, I would like to know too! Also it would be great is there was an easy way to delete the files after being emailed.

3. Uploads are not sent as file attachments. The email only includes a link to the file so that it can be downloaded. File Attachments are a bit more complex and their reliability depends on the web servers capabilities. With Gravity Forms being a plugin you install on your host, it means its ability to do file attachments will be dependent upon your web servers ability to handle this kind of functionality. This is why we haven't added this feature yet, it's difficult to guarantee that it will work because we don't manage or have any control over your web server.