PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Embedding offsite

1. reelseo

Im sorry but I cant find this information. Im sure it can be done.... I have 2 quick questions on this.

1) What is the code if I want to hard code a form within a theme on the domain that Im using (Php Call, iFrame)?
    2) Is there a way that I can create a form in wordpress and then embed that on another site?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  2. For #1 this should help you out:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Embedding_A_Form

For #2, you could setup a blank template page on your theme and then place the form on it and then iframe that into whatever external site.

3. reelseo

Thank you. So, just to confirm, is there no easy way to embed/iframe the form outside the site aside from the work around that you mentioned (which yeah, you're right that would work fine)...

4. No problem. Currently, that would be the only way to do it.

5. reelseo

How about embedding a call of some sort on a static page (html) on the same domain, but not as part of a actual theme page?

6. Gravity Forms is a WordPress plugin and will not work on a non-WordPress site. As a built in feature, forms cannot be embedded on static HTML pages or outside of the WordPress site they are installed on.

The only way to do this is to create a blank page template on your WordPress site, create a page with a form that uses this page template, and then iframe in this page on your static HTML site.