PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Enter code and redirect if successful

1. wilburforce

Not sure if GF is meant to be able to do this....I have a request that someone can enter a code ( something : 123456) a user enters their guess into an input box, if it is successful they are redirected to Page (a) and if not Page (b) is this possible?

Paul

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 3, 2011 | Permalink
  2. This isn't something Gravity Forms does out of the box. But you could do it using the confirmation redirect functionality and a custom redirect handler.

Create a custom PHP page that handles the redirect functionality based on a query string value (ex. ?code=XXXXXX). It would read the query string value and redirect to the appropriate URL based on the value.

You would then configure your form confirmation to use redirect, give the URL to that PHP page and use the query string builder to pass the value of the input field in the redirect.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 3, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Is this functionality available in any of the plugin revisions since this original posting? I too, would like to be able to market my website property (i.e. just the homepage) and use keywords or access codes or whatever in our offline marketing... thereby allowing people to access specific pages without having to type in the URL directly.

For example, a radio ad might sound like...

"Visit our homepage at http://www.ourwebsite.com. Then enter today's keyword "ROSES" into our Keyword of the Day box and click. That will take you to today's special offer! Good luck!"

From there, I can set the form on the home page to redirect the keyword "ROSES" to go where I want it to go. Still, yesterdays and last weeks and last months, etc., keywords will still be active and go to their respective pages as well.

Is this possible with Gravity Forms?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday April 17, 2013 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

With our 1.7 Beta 2, you can have as many Confirmations as you want. Which means you could set up such redirects based on keywords. Check it out!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday April 17, 2013 | Permalink